Saturday, July 25, 2009

I'm almost 5 weeks pregnant!!!

Wow! That is all I can say! What a true Miracle from the Lord! Many of you don't know about my condition its called...PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome). It is when you have benign cysts on your ovaries and you don't ovulate every month and sometimes can be genetic. Symptoms are weight gain, depression/anxiety, facial hair, no menstration and very difficult to get pregnant but it can be done with the proper treatment and careful watching of hormone levels thru bloodwork and ultrasound.

Our Journey....

On January 2009 we decided to go see a fertilty doctor at Uconn Health Center since we knew I didn't ovulate regularly and had to take special drugs to bring on a period. My older sister had the same symptoms and diagnosis so I knew I had PCOS without getting a ultrasound. So in January I went and it was confirmed that I had PCOS thru the ultrasound and bloodwork. After a ton of blood work about 10 vials of blood taken everything came back normal and the bloodwork confirmed I did not ovulate. When I was all clear from the lab work I started Clomid. We started with 50mg no such luck in ovulating. I took 100mg and I ovulated on the last day of testing but didn't get pregnant. So we decided to stay with 100mg and try again. No such luck with that. Than we up the dose to 150mg. No Such Luck. The doctor at that point decided that the clomid would not work so he advised me to do shots and IUI. And guess what I'm pregnant!!

On July 23,2009 we found out that I was pregnant. I was in shock and I kept asking the nurse on the phone. So I am really pregnant! It was like I was in a dream! It was a shocker! Eric was calling me every hour..."Did they call". I called him and I said "we need to clean the room next to our bedroom!" He didn't get it..as I was talking to him he had another call come in and than that's when it dawned on him! He called me back and said so did the dr call. I said yeah. He said "and the results are." I said to him "you know what it is". I kept teasing him. So finally I called him and he broke down in tears.

That night we went to Century Buffet with my parents for dinner!

So far I have had mild waves of nausea and cramps but other than that I don't feel any different!
Thanks everyone for praying!

Keep checking for updates! God is really in the miracle business. I am due on my hubby's birthday and it was a season I always wanted to have a baby in!

1 comment:

Amber said...

Congratulations!!! That is wonderful news! It gives me hope that I will follow in your footsteps and that infertility isn't a permenant thing.

Labels

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Sonific SongSpot