Monday, September 22, 2008

Camping in the cold?

Little Boat made---Placed Lighter fluid on it and lit it with fire...should have seen it move down the river!!


All of our tents set up!

Relaxing around the fire!



Eric and Toby



Eric---Saying "Please dont take my picture"



Taking down a tree branch! It was so funny!





Ah the fire!





Roasting Marshmollows







Roasting Hot Dogs!








Roasting Socks!








The Church Van


Toby all over the place



Where did all these socks come from?


Crawfish caught and destroyed in the fire! Want some?

This past weekend Eric and I went camping with the Youth Group from our church. I believe it was my first time sleeping in a tent at a campground. Our dog, Toby even came with us. It was a fun night around the campfire with the kids and just talking. We had a potluck dinner and that was cool. We made smores and played games. When we finally went to bed...it was freezing...Luckly I brought a huge blanket and we also had our sleeping bags. I was able to sleep good with waking up here and there. On Sunday we had a church service on the campground and then we hung out. Around 3pm we head to the orchard and picked some apples and peaches...Can you guess what I am doing now?? Making Apple pie. Making the filling is easy but the making homemade crust is a pain!!!!





























































1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like so much fun!!!! I miss autumn in New England!
btw - roasting socks totally cracked me up. ;)
homeade piecrust is a pain (espec. cutting in the shortening- argh), but so worth it, don't ya think!? :)
-Robyn
(sorry - laptop decided to break today and I can't remember my blog password. fun times ;) )

Labels

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

Sonific SongSpot